Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mexican Pasta Skillet

                       
Here is a quick and easy meal I go to when in a hurry or tired (which is alot).  Simple, fast, tastes great, and the kids will love it! It will serve about 4-6 people. Enjoy! 



                                                            Mexican Pasta Skillet

  • 1 lb. lean ground beef, browned & drained
  • 16 0z. (2 cups) jar salsa
  • 8 oz. tomato sauce
  • (1 1/2 cups water)
  • 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
  • 1/2 cup shredded 2 % sharp cheddar cheese (please shred your own, it's so easy and tastes better)!!
  1. Combine browned beef, salsa, tomato sauce & water in a large skillet. 
  2. Heat til boiling. 
  3. Stir in macaroni & corn
  4. Reduce heat & simmer 15 min, stirring occasionally until pasta is tender.
  5. Sprinkle with cheese!

2 comments:

  1. Made this for my wild bunch last night. Well, it's just like yours only different....lol! I forgot my list at home rushing out the door to do quick power shop before picking up 2 oldest kids from ball practice.....story of my life but that's another story! LOL
    Anyway, I substituted ground chicken for the ground beef, totally forgot to buy the corn to put in it and wouldn't you know i had NONE in my freezer, shocking right? Used fiesta blend cheese instead of the sharp cheddar because for some reason my brain said mexican skillet, mexican cheese??? Stereotyping at it's best I'm afraid. But even with the changes, the troops all LOVED it and were fighting over who got to take the leftovers (I doubled the recipe) to school. Alas there wasn't much left to be evenly distributed between the 3 school aged kids so I win and get leftovers for lunch today. :)
    Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy for sharing! I'll have to try it with the chicken too! There are so many different variations you could do with this recipe. Glad every one loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews