Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Hunger Games Obsession




Ok, so I just want to start by saying that I haven't been this excited, obsessed, or inspired to read a series of books in a long while, until The Hunger Games!  I started reading the first book of three on a recent trip and finished before I got home.  I loved it so much, I was tempted to buy book two while on our trip, even though I already had a copy at home.  I HAD TO HAVE IT!!
Everything is so different about these books....I love the names....Katniss, Peeta, Rue, Haymitch....they're so different.  There's science-fiction, intrigue, action, and love...

Storyline:
The story is set in North America in a post-apocalyptic nation known as Panem.  There are 12 districts who do not have contact with each other. They are oppressed and starving. The Capitol is the cruel "overseer" of the outlying districts, and every year to punish the districts for their uprising 75 years before, they have the Hunger Games.  Two people from each district, a girl and boy, are chosen through a lottery to play in the games, a fight to the death with only one winner. 

So, I'm on book two (started yesterday) and most likely will be done reading it today.  I'm telling you, I just can't put it down. 
Thank goodness the last couple of days have been nice so I can kick the kids out to play and READ!! (After lessons, of course) I told you I was obsessed! 
With all that said, to those of you that have read the books....are you as danged excited to see the movie as I am? I mean really, how many times can I say the word "excited" in one post?  I need to consult my thesaurus. 
Mark it on your calender if you haven't already...March 23!

Katniss and Gale (sigh...Gale)



I'm rooting for Peeta as Katniss' love interest, but Gale is pretty darn hunky.  I do love the fact though that Katniss is a strong female character. 



 Not just in her physical abilities but the fact she hasn't caved to her feelings for either Peeta or Gale. At least not yet.... 
Like I said, I'm on book two, so don't spoil it for me if one of the above mentioned hunks dies....I don't think I could handle it. 


I mean, how could you choose if you were Katniss?  I had a hard time when putting myself in Katniss' position as I was reading the books, let alone looking at the cast for the movie?

Ok, so I really encourage you to read The Hunger Games, then go see the movie! 

The Hunger Games Trilogy Set
The Hunger Games (Book 1)
Catching Fire (Book 2)
Mockingjay (Book 3)


3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh....I have read them all and am a tad obsessed, too. I am team Gale! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm on book 3 and reading as slow as I can stand it, because I don't want it to end! Thanks for reading eventhough you are team Gale ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on book two also! Can't wait until I get a little time to finish! Bring on the movies!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews